Come see your Volunteer Fire Department show of their fire apparatus in a parade down Main Street which will end at the Florence Rideout Elementary School “flat”. Area Fire Departments will bring their apparatus, Eversource will be there with a bucket truck, highway equipment, towing equipment and other neat trucks and such will be on display for the kids and yes, even for the “big” kids.
Sponsored by Bent Burke Post #10
3:00-5:45 PM – Family Games and Activities (to be updated as we go)
5:54 PM – Group Photo on site
6:00 PM – Milford Contra Dance Band dance with bubbles
7:45 PM – Cake Walk for donated specialty baked goods
Curtis Farm: http://www.curtisfarm.com/
Open house at American Legion Post 10 to follow
Sponsored by: The Wilton Fire Department Relief Assoc.
Come and meet your volunteer Fire Department members and support the Wilton Firemen’s Relief Association in a night of bingo. $1 a card, each pot split 50/50, see you there!
Wilton Firefighters young, old, current and retired are welcome to join the Department on the lawn of the Fire Station for a cookout. Evening will include tour of the station and review of our current apparatus fleet. Members will reminisce about many stories of past events and catch up on life as we know it today
Super Hero Sanetarium on stage at the Town Hall Theatre
Live music by The Boogie Men
Playing a variety of music you can’t help but “boogie” too!
Private Parties, Weddings, Taverns, Clubs & Pubs, give us a
call, we play them all!
Register now for the ‘Stars over Wilton ~ Painting ‘Al Fresco‘ event to be held on 8/22/19 at Whiting Park. Please click HERE
We’ve played all over New England, won several awards, and shared the stage with such musical luminaries as The Tune Weavers, Freddy Cannon, Julie Grant and Kenny Vance. We’ve also been featured on New Hampshire Chronicle, and we’ve just finished our 3rd CD. Entitled “Street Corner Style”, it features all acapella songs – in response to the many requests we’ve received. Keep an eye on our “Shows” page, and like us on Facebook. Come join the fun – we’d love to sing for you !!
Get excited! Wilton-WLC All Classes Reunion will be held on Friday, August 23rd.
A BBQ will start off your night followed by music and dancing to keep it going. How about bringing along your yearbooks or any other memorabilia, might bring back some great memories!
Hey, want to enter the Float Contest? We invite you and your classmates to join the parade and show off your talents to the town! (Could be some prizes involved!)
We can reserve tables for your groups or bring a blanket and some camp style chairs to sit where ever you wish. Please contact me if you would like to reserve table(s). We have round tables that fit 8 people so be sure to let me know how many will be in your group. We look forward to seeing all of you!!
Home: (603) 654-2667
Cell (texts welcomed): (603) 582-1400
Featuring Sheep Dip
The parade starts at Wisconsin Packaging Group (formerly Label Art) and ends at the “Flat” at Whiting Park
For more information, please contact Brian and Kelby Broderick: [email protected] or 603-930-3493
2019 WOHD Parade Route:
Studio Two – Beatles Tribute – http://www.studiotwotributeband.com/
The Temple Band: https://www.facebook.com/The-Temple-Band-238507719524656/
Sponsored by: Clinton Lodge #52 F&AM
Shameless…..yeah, we said it. Seasoned musicians with a common groove – Shameless is more than well-rehearsed players, it’s a kinetic enery, a group of people that let the music breath. Shameless covers your favorite classic rock, pop and a splash of country…and a splash of a whole lotta other styles….capturing the essence of the songs with their own flavor. Featuring both male and female vocals, Shameless is known for filling up the dance floor and having fun, the band also frequently makes up songs on the spot that feature events and people that are making the night special! Energetic set lists and set-up’s taylored to the venue make each Shameless show a special event.
Please register 30 mins prior to event.
Entry fee – Non-perishable food donation!
Tommy Hurley & Friends
Tickets will be sold during the week at Whiting Park
You may also order squares online, from 8/1/19 – 8/24/19, by clicking HERE
Time: 2:15pm start time
Size squares: 2’ x 2’
Total space size: 40’ x 40’
Cost per ticket: $10
Grand Prize: $500
- The Cow Pie Bingo event will take place on August 25, 2019 in the designated area at Whiting Park. A 40’ x 40’ field grid will be marked off in 2’ X 2’ square ‘land parcels’ for a total of 400 sequentially numbered ‘land parcel’ squares.
- The actual field grid on the ground will be clearly marked with all ‘land parcel’ squares being of equal shape and size. The field grid (and cow) will be protected by a barrier or fence. Spectators and ‘land parcel’ square holders must not interfere with the progress of the event.
- Up to 400 ‘land parcel’ tickets will be sold at $10.00 per ‘land parcel’s square. Proceeds from the Cow Pie Bingo fundraiser will benefit the FRES/LCS PTO.
- Land parcel square’s purchased online will be randomly assigned and an email confirmation sent with land parcel # within 48 hours of purchase. Land parcel square’s purchased in-person will be assigned based on ticket buyers choice from currently available parcels.
- Absolutely no land parcel square tickets will be sold after 2:00pm on August 25, 2019. Online sales are subject to close sooner.
- A poster will be printed, noting ‘land parcel’ numbered square assignment; this will be on display at the PTO Old Home Days booth prior to the Cow Pie Bingo event starting.
- At 2:15pm on August 25, 2019, a cow will be led into the designated grid area by an appropriate handler and allowed to freely roam within the grid area (while tethered to a lead line of appropriate length) until the first cow pie or “plop” (NOT cow pee) is placed by the cow on a square. If the cow has not placed a cow pie within 2 hours (by 4:15pm on August 25, 2019) the prize money will be awarded to the ticket holder of the ‘land parcel’ square where the cow’s right front hoof is placed at 4:15pm
- The $10 ticket holder of the ‘land parcel square on which the cow pie lands will win $500.
- If the cow pie or “plop” lands on bordering ‘land parcels’ (crossing the line connecting the squares) , the square with the largest cow pie (width and depth) wins.
- If the cow pie lands on a square that is unsold (in the event that tickets for all 400 ‘land parcel’ squares do not sell), the winner will be the closest “sold” square or squares immediately adjacent to and sharing at least one full side with the unnumbered, unsold square. This could end up being more than one winner (up to, but not to exceed, 4 winners) who would share in the prize money equally.
- ‘Land parcel’ square holders need not be present to win.
- The decision of the designated Cow Pie event judge(s), with respect to the event winner(s), is final.
- The winner will be recognized at the conclusion of the Cow Pie Bingo fundraiser. If the winner is not present, the winner will be notified by phone and/or email and will then have 30 days to claim the prize money. Unclaimed prize monies will be donated to the Open Cupboard Pantry.
- Winners must provide proof of deed ownership before prize money will be awarded (business card).
- The event will proceed on August 25, 2019, rain or shine. If there is thunder/lightening at 2:15pm on August 25, 2019, the Cow Pie Bingo event will be canceled. The cash prize winners will then be established by a randomly selected attendee the winner will be announced through the PTO Facebook page and winner will be notified.